I put the old pictures back into my drawer and close my eyes for a moment. That’s what I hope to never end and remain enduring - that which my sister made us remember. Laughter. Non-contained, mirthful, pealing laughter filling the halls of my future. Filling my mind are images of what could possibly be. I see myself in college, laughing with classmates and age-old friends over some conversation. Then marriage - I can smell the perfume, flowers, and taste pastries made by my adopted Greek yayas who filled every buttery, calorie-packed pastry with hours of laughter. I can feel my future children running in from the outdoors, laughing their hearts out, grabbing my neck and kissing my cheek. And, in my old age, I can hear laughter frolicking with my grandchildren and daintily embellishing the conversations with my, then, timeworn friends and husband. And my musing is interrupted by my family downstairs - amused at some reality. The sound of their laughter mirroring my current thoughts..
For the superb counterpart of this themed concurrent writing project: http://thebeatlesandblackcoffee.blogspot.com
No comments:
Post a Comment